When you have a treadmill, why not aim to make the most of it by using these treadmill tips!
To Burn More Calories
• Do intervals training: Running flat out is great for consistent training, but to burn more calories, try alternating the treadmill speeds. By running at a moderate pace, and adding bursts of speeds, you will burn more calories as well as making you a better runner.
• Find a comfortable level. Gently increase your speed during your training session: You don’t need to start your training sessions at 7mph, so begin with a fast walk (3-4 mph) for five minutes, and gently increase it to until you get to 7-8 mph.
• Run for longer: Try to change your training sessions which will keep you fresh and build your fitness, so on days you are not building up speed, run for a consistent amount of time.
• To Strengthen Your Muscles
• Increase the incline: Hill climbs help to target your thighs, calves, and lower body, so by increasing the incline, you will notice you have more strength in your legs.
• Introduce walking lunges: By taking wider steps, at a much slower pace, this will help to tone your lower body and legs.
• Try to let go of the handlebars. By not holding on to the handrails, this will help tone up your biceps , whilst also improving your balance and posture.
• To increase your speed –
• Introduce tempo runs: To run faster, you must practice running at a faster pace. Tempo work involves running slightly faster than your normal speed for a sensible level of time.
Set yourself a comfortable pace on the treadmill and keep running!
Why not try renting a treadmill?
Contact HomeGym on 0800 043 2148
Cheryl, Haywards Heath