When you have a treadmill, why not aim to make the most of it by using these treadmill tips!
To Burn More Calories
• Do intervals training: Running flat out is great for consistent training, but to burn more calories, try alternating the treadmill speeds. By running at a moderate pace, and adding bursts of speeds, you will burn more calories as well as making you a better runner.
• Find a comfortable level. Gently increase your speed during your training session: You don’t need to start your training sessions at 7mph, so begin with a fast walk (3-4 mph) for five minutes, and gently increase it to until you get to 7-8 mph.
• Run for longer: Try to change your training sessions which will keep you fresh and build your fitness, so on days you are not building up speed, run for a consistent amount of time.
• To Strengthen Your Muscles
• Increase the incline: Hill climbs help to target your thighs, calves, and lower body, so by increasing the incline, you will notice you have more strength in your legs.
• Introduce walking lunges: By taking wider steps, at a much slower pace, this will help to tone your lower body and legs.
• Try to let go of the handlebars. By not holding on to the handrails, this will help tone up your biceps , whilst also improving your balance and posture.
• To increase your speed –
• Introduce tempo runs: To run faster, you must practice running at a faster pace. Tempo work involves running slightly faster than your normal speed for a sensible level of time.
Set yourself a comfortable pace on the treadmill and keep running!
Why not try renting a treadmill?
Contact HomeGym on 0800 043 2148
“Just wanted to give you some positive feedback on my experience so far. I have to say the two gentlemen that delivered my treadmill were very polite, friendly and efficient. Also, I am impressed by the quality of the treadmill, I wasn’t expecting such a good quality treadmill and for it to be brand new too. I have been telling all my friends what a good service I have received and am very happy to recommend your company should anyone want to hire some home gym equipment.”
“We hired a treadmill so that my wife could keep up some gentle exercise at home while she was on maternity leave. The treadmill provided by Home Gym was perfect, a much sturdier model than I expected based on my experience of home treadmills, and at a fair price. Home Gym delivered and installed the treadmill within a few days of my enquiry and at a time convenient for us, then when it came to the end of our rental period there was no fuss – they came to pick it up immediately.”
“The bike is so quiet, and feels great. Pedling and watching the telly, sweet.”
“Bang on time! And a great looking Bike to boot!! I will be telling friends good luck”
“Will be in touch to hire again, great service.”
“What a great idea, great machines too, thank you.”
Everybody is using the bike now, think I’ll have to start charging LOL.
“Service over and above, friendly and professional too thank you.”
“Great service, great bike will hire again! Thanks”
“The recumbent you delivered is so silent! Very impressed.”
“Alan and Tricia are so friendly and punctual Great bike knee doing well.”
“I am so pleased to have used Home Gym UK for our treadmill hire. From ordering to delivery and set up the customer service communication over the phone and via email has been brilliant and the team for delivery were polite, friendly and efficient. The treadmill we hired is outstanding and the quality is amazing, perfect for our pre-summer running training. If we had more space in our flat we would have definitely liked to keep it longer. A big thanks to the team, very pleased with the whole experience.”
“Alan and Tricia often have ideas and advice on training for specific events which is invaluable. I have referred HomeGym UK many times over the last few years and know that my friends are all happy.”
“All we were expecting and a whole heap more thanks a mill.”
“Building up a good sweat, thanks for the prompt delivery.”
“Thanks for the newsletter and tips, training going well.”
“The spinner is fab thank you, I even found a DVD on ebay, Loving it.”
“Just what the physio ordered rehab exercise has never been so easy.”
“My friend told me about you and now I have recommended you as well Thanks”
“My bike turned up the day after I made the first call, It’s great Thank you.”
“I love that I don’t own a large cumbersome piece of machinery that I know I will get bored of after a few weeks!”
“I’ll be calling HG again soon to get hooked up to another treadmill ahead of the Brighton marathon.”
“I have been renting machines from HomeGym UK over the last 3 years. From the Treadmills to the Vibration Trainers each piece of equipment has arrived at a time to suit me in mint condition with instructions and top tips for successful use.”